Harlem operations

HSLotsof at aol.com HSLotsof at aol.com
Fri Aug 27 21:49:16 EDT 2004

Preston,

>From your interview. http://www.drugwar.com/ibonyc.shtm

FM- My initial idea was to establish a base of operations in Harlem.

P- Why Harlem?

FM- To make ibogaine available to the descendents whose ancestors came from
where this plant originates.

P- How do you advertise the treatments, since they're highly illegal?

FM- We began by distributing approximately 150 brochures in front of
methadone clinics in Harlem.

P- When was that?

FM- Early July. That was the start.

So is there any interest from the African American community? Have any
African Americans been treated with ibogaine for chemical dependence during these
operations?  What are they saying and how do they feel about it?  Fifteen or
twenty years ago Dana and I met with some people in Harlem and offered free
treatments but, received no interest.  The answer we received was that it would be
too easy that way.

Howard