[ibogaine] Ibogaine- why didn't it work?/ or did it.

HSLotsof at aol.com HSLotsof at aol.com
Fri Aug 27 20:17:48 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/27/04 4:14:39 PM, ms_iboga at yahoo.com writes:

>Thanks for the responses.  I appreciate everyone's
>input. Being able to cut my dosage was great, but I
>DID feel the drop- it was not painless.
>
>I feel better now, but am still unable to eat or sleep
>much.  And anything other than cereal, fruit and juice
>is a complete anathema to my stomach.  I lost 7lb over
>the course of 3 days.
>
>I would be interested in trying Ibogaine again, but
>not for a while.  I found it to be a little taxing on
>my system.

Dear Julie,

Thanks for your responses.  A good many people find Ibogaine taxing.  I was
curious as to two things.  1) Did you drink adequate amounts of water for two
days prior to dosing with ibogaine (8 - 10 glasses a day) and 2) did you have
any noticeable stomach problems, gastric distress prior to dosing with Ibogaine?

Changes in diet are not uncommon after Ibogaine.  Follow your intuition about
any future dosing.  Rest and regain your strength.  Did you stop eating meat
or were you a vegetarian before Ibogaine?  Oh well, more questions than I
thought.  Have you gained any of the lost weight back?  Persons without any
chemical dependence have their sleep cycles cut down for a month or so after
Ibogaine.  Normal sleep patterns come back slowly. Are you taking vitamins?  Setting
aside the issue that you did not stop methadone completely you seem quite
sensitive to ibogaine.  That is something you should consider if you do try
Ibogaine again.

Take care

Howard