[ibogaine] Ibogaine- why didn't it work?

Ms Iboga ms_iboga at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 26 21:33:39 EDT 2004

Hi Howard,

I waited  about 30 hours from the time of my last
methadone dosage.  I took 100-200mg test dosage,
waited 20 minutes, and then took about 500mg, which I
promptly threw up about an hour later.  I think that
was my problem- I didn't stagger my doses enough, and
my body couldn't take it.  I should also mention that
I had been fasting for 24 hours.

Positive Notes: I had fantastic visuals- better than
any other psychotropic substance I have ever touched.
Faces of African and Native American people whirled by
my mind's eye, and a lot of interesting 3D effects:
cubes, Escher-type staircases.  VERY COOL.  I also
felt like I made peace with a few moments from my
past.  All in all, very therapeutic, while it lasted.

I would like to take Ibogaine again.  I DEFINITELY
noticed the withdrawal attenuating effects for the
first 14 hours.  I believe that under the right
circumstances, Ibogaine could be an incredible healing
power....

Thanks Howard,
J.