[ibogaine] Ibogaine- why didn't it work?

Preston Peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Thu Aug 26 21:12:56 EDT 2004

>I do agree with Howard as far as the heroin goes. If you can continue your
Methadone, that is what I would do. I just don't ever plan to do H again. I
have come so close to death by OD a couple of times I would be too
frightened to do it again. (unless I was real sick!!!) Seriously, I would
avoid heroin as long as I could.<

I just found out (while hanging around Tomkins Square Park on set all day
Monday doing nothing but watching and bumping into a mess of messed up
people I used to get high with almost a decade ago) Bobbie Bratts overdosed
last year- (a local junkie/punk rocker who was around for ever and did
prison time for killing a dope dealer who hit his girlfriend years and years
ago) he had wanted to get off his methadone for ages, and apparently finally
just stopped taking it. Sick, he copped a couple bags, shot them both and
went right the fuck out. This was a guy who could bang 8 bag at a clip
without blinking, no problem at all. But after having been on the meth for
so long, then putting himself into a drastically stressed, weakened state by
cold-kicking meth, his resistance was shot to hell to excuse a pun- or who
really knows why he died that time and not others? That's another thing-
it's impossible to know with street dope what it is going to take to kill.
It could be for so many different reasons too, not just because of purity or
steppedonedness conditions.
Peace and love,
Preston