Ibogaine- why didn't it work?

Ms Iboga ms_iboga at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 26 14:56:32 EDT 2004

Hi list,

I am a new member, a recent Ibogaine inductee, and am
currently starting the second week of my Ibo 'detox'.
I wish I had a more positive story to relay, but I do
not.  I hope I am not breaking any list etiquette by
posting this...

I detoxed from methadone(35mg) using 1gm HCL extract,
98%, from Ethnogarden, and for the first 13-14 hours
was convinced I was over opiates- no pain, lots and
lots of euphoria/positivity.  I was even able to eat
small amounts of Cheerios and drink apple juice.  How
wrong I was....

About an hour later, the Ibo began to wear off
substantially, and all the too familiar withdrawal
symptoms began to slowly creep in.  I thought it was
psychosomatic, so I closed my eyes and began to
meditate, but to no avail.  Within hours, I was in
almost full withdrawal.

I think my problem was that I puked part of my Ibo
dose WAY TOO SOON, and did not have another gram of
the HCL to boost me.  I am considering weening myself
from methadone by chipping with heroin, and then
detoxing from the heroin with Ibo.  Has anyone done
this?  Also, would administering the Ibo by enema
quell a bit of the nausea?

Thanks for the time to vent, list, and I hope to talk
to many more of you soon.

J.