[ibogaine] Fw: [asa] Introducing the Mental Health Patients Union and the Hep-C Virus Patients Union!!!

Preston Peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Thu Aug 26 12:11:17 EDT 2004

Oh yeah,
       Howard, with your advice ringing in my ears this morning, I first
went and hung out with Dana just after 8AM for an hour and a half and woke
his ass up, then walked up to HT at around 10 to say hello to friends and
such, then while walking home realized I had steered myself uncoinciously
but directly to and in the front door of the clinic where I first got my
liver checked out and had my post-biopsy discussion with liver doctors,
(turns out it was back in 1998-99). After meandering about this huge
building and wandering the halls  almost in a state of lostness, I found
first the liver clinic office, which gave me my records number, then the
office with the medical records, which is going to mail me mine- all
bloodwork/labs/any material that relates at all to my Hep C- hopefully by
Friday, so I should be able to see soon whether my numbers (at least those
in that panel I showed you) have dropped or not. I think they must have- but
then I am not completely sure. That thing I showed you did NOT show my white
blood cell count, did it? (I mean, does it?)
Thanks for the advice on stopping by there.
I've been finding myself thinking every day, "ok, what excuse can I come up
with to get outta this apartment and walk around doin' stuff?" I walked from
Norfolk and Houston, where I live, to Dana's, then HT at 28th and Park, then
home again by way of Union Square. That's a lot of walking really,
especially with my back and leg troubles- then I've got a meeting with the
owner of the bar where I'm throwing the book release party and the bassist
of the headlining band (Joker 5 Speed is playing the party it looks like-
don't yet know who else, but there should be at least one more I think) to
discuss logistics and sound stuff at 1:30 this afternoon, then a 3:30
appointment with Barbara Judd (whose office I visited yesterday thinking the
appointment was yesterday, but it wasn't it was today- silly me), so I'm
getting out today too. It's weird- I slept like a rock last night, going to
bed very early, before 11PM for sure, and got up when V got home from work
around 5AM. I did NOT ask her for any pain meds for the fist couple of
hours, then took one of each at around 8AM, or a little after.
    So I'm spacing my meds out very responsibly, doing them at the point
where I simply have to have the relief- which is weird too as I've got to
then wait another hour pretty much to even get that relief- and it doesn't
bother me to wait.
LOL!
    So have a great day all, and wish everyone well here in the Apple while
the terrorists...errr, Republicans? Blue Meanies? Warmongers? Whatever they
are, wish the rest of us NY'ers well please.
Peace and love to everyone,
Preston