[ibogaine] two more questions sorry for so many at once!

HSLotsof at aol.com HSLotsof at aol.com
Tue Aug 24 21:15:56 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/24/04 7:35:32 PM, robertalapiak at hotmail.com writes:

<< I don't mean to post so many messages all at once but I'm trying to catch
up. Someone wrote me email which I can't find now inside all the messages
from this list saying ibogaine and iboga are not the same thing. What is the
difference please?

How dangerous is ibogaine can it hurt you? >>

When the term iboga is used it is generally applied to mean the plant
Tabernanthe iboga or a total alkaloid extract of the plant.  Ibogaine is a specific
alkaloid found in the plant that has been purified and identified as effective
and proposed as the principal active ingredient in the plant.  There have been
iboga and ibogaine related fatalities.

Howard