[ibogaine] making history at the pain doc's in NYC

Jim Hadey jimhadey3 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 17:34:41 EDT 2004

Hi Julian,

Well as you know I am now a doc, don't worry - no charge.  Hmmm...... I don't know what the problem is but look at the odds.  How many people did Ibo, how many died?  Compare that to how many got shot for being in the wrong place at the wrong time or robbed or shot? Or hep C or HIV, etc. etc.

The odds are on your side.  Of course this is just my opinion.

Later good buddy,

  - JIM

Sapphirestardus at aol.com wrote:
Good Morning Howard. I am not writing you on this subject matter. I am supposed to be doing the Ibogaine today. Now, all of a sudden, the people wish to speak with me face to face about ALL the health risks involved. Now, I think this is very responsible but even after I spoke with you on the phone and with Eric, I am getting the feeling there is something I am not being told re: the effects (physiological) of Ibo. I don't think I am being paranoid.

            I specifically remember you saying more people die from methadone and after research I discovered this to be true re: many of the drugs on the market. I was under the belief that there were only 4 KNOWN deaths after Ibogaine use. 2 were due to their using narcotics at the same level pre ibogaine thus ODing would be expected and the other two were cardiac related, one had surgery, the other was heart disease.

            I really do appreciate the concern on their part but what the fuck is the big deal? What does Ibogaine do to the body that is so intense that you must be in great shape to do it. My EKG showed something I had been asked about when I had my amputation and my motorcycle accident. They asked me if I ever had a heart attack. I told them I had no idea but it certainly could be possible during my crack days. There were times I got so obsessed with chasing that high that I did it so much in a night, day after day that maybe I had one but didn't know. Also, I am a diabetic with controlled blood sugar now and my blood pressure was 140/90 before I began medicine. Now it is normal. These are my health issues. Is there really need to be concerned with all the shit I have done and will do?

            If my health issues never arise under other circumstances, why now with Ibogaine? I understand they do not wish to be responsible for a tragedy but we had already discussed this. They wish to still discuss this crap ad nauseum. Please be honest and objective, not a total, super Professional obligated to quote the status Quo medical disclaimer. Should I be worried?

                                                                  Thanks Howard,
                                                                              Julian

P.S. Anyone else may reply of course but I needed someone who has alot of medical knowledge/experience obviously.