[ibogaine] making history at the pain doc's in NYC

HSLotsof at aol.com HSLotsof at aol.com
Tue Aug 24 12:15:36 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/24/04 3:40:02 AM, Sapphirestardus at aol.com writes:

<<              If my health issues never arise under other circumstances,
why
now with Ibogaine? I understand they do not wish to be responsible for a
tragedy but we had already discussed this. They wish to still discuss this
crap ad
nauseum. Please be honest and objective, not a total, super Professional
obligated to quote the status Quo medical disclaimer. Should I be worried? >>

Medical disclaimers do not stop civil or criminal actions.  That your health
issues never arise under other circumstances may simply indicate that other
circumstances to not warrant a review of your health status or simply lack of
responsibility in some cases where a review should have occurred.   None of the
autopsies of any ibogaine-related fatality indicated the cause of death.  Two
of the deceased had prior cardiac events or conditions.  A key question is
what did your EKG show.  You should have a report to indicate what it showed.
The fact that you have diabetes and controlled high blood pressure are all
issues.  What does your medical doctor say about your EKG?? Ibogaine is an
experimental medication and its actions not fully understood. Under appropriate
circumstances your ibogaine provider would have you wear an EKG halter to monitor
your heart during a 24 hour period at low dose ibogaine and then determine if
there may be indications not to treat.  On the other hand if you have a cardiac
disorder you should, if at all, only be treated in a medical environment with
the approval of a medical doctor. The issue with ibogaine as with all
medications is not the 999999 patients who will be OK but the 1 who won't.

I am not a doctor and cannot provide you with medical advice. Ibogaine is a
powerful medication and yes, you should be concerned as to its actions.

Howard