[ibogaine] making history at the pain doc's in NYC

Sapphirestardus at aol.com Sapphirestardus at aol.com
Tue Aug 24 04:38:48 EDT 2004

Good Morning Howard. I am not writing you on this subject matter. I am
supposed to be doing the Ibogaine today. Now, all of a sudden, the people wish to
speak with me face to face about ALL the health risks involved. Now, I think
this is very responsible but even after I spoke with you on the phone and with
Eric, I am getting the feeling there is something I am not being told re: the
effects (physiological) of Ibo. I don't think I am being paranoid.

             I specifically remember you saying more people die from
methadone and after research I discovered this to be true re: many of the drugs on the
market. I was under the belief that there were only 4 KNOWN deaths after
Ibogaine use. 2 were due to their using narcotics at the same level pre ibogaine
thus ODing would be expected and the other two were cardiac related, one had
surgery, the other was heart disease.

             I really do appreciate the concern on their part but what the
fuck is the big deal? What does Ibogaine do to the body that is so intense that
you must be in great shape to do it. My EKG showed something I had been asked
about when I had my amputation and my motorcycle accident. They asked me if I
ever had a heart attack. I told them I had no idea but it certainly could be
possible during my crack days. There were times I got so obsessed with chasing
that high that I did it so much in a night, day after day that maybe I had one
but didn't know. Also, I am a diabetic with controlled blood sugar now and my
blood pressure was 140/90 before I began medicine. Now it is normal. These
are my health issues. Is there really need to be concerned with all the shit I
have done and will do?

             If my health issues never arise under other circumstances, why
now with Ibogaine? I understand they do not wish to be responsible for a
tragedy but we had already discussed this. They wish to still discuss this crap ad
nauseum. Please be honest and objective, not a total, super Professional
obligated to quote the status Quo medical disclaimer. Should I be worried?

                                                                   Thanks
Howard,

 Julian

P.S. Anyone else may reply of course but I needed someone who has alot of
medical knowledge/experience obviously.