[ibogaine] 2nd post ibo 2 report

cw chowlee at qwest.net
Mon Aug 23 06:32:38 EDT 2004

Why did you take the Ibogaine for 7 (or 8 or 9) days in a row?  I'm assuming you weren't taking a full "therapeutic" dose, every day that week, but that maybe you took the equivalent of 1 or 2 doses, divided over that week+.  Either way, did you take your doses that way because of the Methadone you'd been taking?  I know Methadone complicates things when switching to Suboxone. Is that the case with Ibogaine too?

One reason I ask, is I've been trying to figure out a way to swing Ibogaine, yet make sure I make it a beneficial experience, rather than just "getting some".  Recently, I had the thought that, assuming I manage to find a way to go to Amsterdam for a good treatment/experience, I should find a way to at least get a "test dose", to do at home, to make sure I don't get an allergic reaction to the Iboga.  It would really suck to get everything in place, fly half way across the world, just to find out I can't do the therapy, because of a reaction to the med.  Then I had the thought that maybe I could just divide the "full therapeutic dose", into a number of more manageable doses, for me to take over the course of a few days.

In the couple of contacts I had with Sara, from Sara's House, I really have a positive feeling about going over there for the treatment.  I just don't know how I can afford it.  Even if it were advisable for me to take the "full" dose up front, I really feel comfortable at my "office", at home, and have a wife that's an RN, who would be willing to be my "sitter".  Although she has never gotten into any recreational drugs, after all the research she and I have done on Ibogaine, she admits that she's fascinated enough that, under the right circumstances, she'd be tempted to try a dose suitable for "Spiritual Enlightenment".

For now, I'm just about to do my last line of Oxycontin, and get to go through those wonderful, clammy, sweaty, burning, etc, withdrawals, followed by, when I think I'm ready, that nasty old Suboxone.  Don't get me wrong, this stuff works great for many people, but I'm not one of them.  I just don't like it, and although it takes away a lot of my withdrawals, it seems to take 3-4 days before most of my discomfort is behind me.  I actually made it for 5 full weeks, on just the Suboxone, from the end of March, till the start of May, but never more than 2 1/2 days at a time, after that.  I really had myself set on Ibogaine being my next treatment, but I just couldn't go on anymore; my dosage is now double what it ever was, before that, and 10 - 80mg Oxy's a day was bad enough, 20 - 25 a day is ludicrous.  My habit is enough to kill an average family of six, with enough left over for an uncle or two.

I'm hoping I can last long enough, and get energetic enough, to resolve this issue of where to do the treatment, and to take the steps to get there.  So many people advise against doing the session at home, but some do give good input as to ways of doing it at home.  Now the problem of where to get a trustworthy supply, with some detailed steps to take (dosing, etc).  I've gotten blood work done, and my liver and kidneys are in surprisingly good shape, and I will be getting a follow-up/more detailed, set of blood work done, this week.  I'm going to make arrangements for an EKG this week too, but I think everything should check out ok.  I really like the idea of Sara's House, but just the flight would cost $1,500 - $2,200, which would really drag out the date of when I could get it done.

Any thoughts/input, is greatly appreciated. Sorry for going on for so long; I'm just tense because I know withdrawal will be setting in later this morning.
Charlie

PS: I've seen a few people mention that the longer you hold off taking the Suboxone after quitting your DOC, the greater your relief will be. I know I wait long enough to avoid the Sub causing me to go into acute withdrawal, but does anyone think that waiting longer will give me better relief?  I've also heard that if you take the Sub right after stopping DOC, letting it put you into agonizing, acute, withdrawal, that you'll get all the suffering over with, in about 12 - 24 hours, and that you won't need anything else after that, because the physical dependence (as far a WD is concerned), is alleviated within that day of suffering. Even if it's true, I don't know if I could handle it ... I'm a real sissy about this kind of pain.

www.pokerweb.com -