[ibogaine] NA is a joke

CallieMimosa at aol.com CallieMimosa at aol.com
Sat Aug 21 16:40:08 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/21/2004 2:46:12 PM Central Daylight Time,
vector620022002 at yahoo.com writes:

but I  don't think there are too many who
have had a lot of good come from it. I'm  only guessing of course ;)
Patrick did you like NA? ;) ;) ;) Maybe you did  you have a banner for
NA on MindVox :)

I have several acquaintances who claim a world of good and  happiness as a
result of going to NA meetings. My boss is a recovering nurse in  NA but I am
not sure what her drug of choice is/was. She talks 'program' talk  and cliches a
lot.
She and the other folks I know who say they got cleaned up with  NA go to a
lot of meetings and hang out with mostly other recovering NA success  stories.
I see it as a kind of 'social club'.
I have heard speakers who say they were hard core junkies but I  think they
are few.
I attended AA when trying to clean up years ago. I felt a lot  more
comfortable with the old alcoholics than the cleaned up hippie types in NA.
They has 'huggers' at the door whose duty it was to hug every  person that
came in!!! That turned me off!!! I did not want some chick with  flowers in her
hair hugging me or even touching me. I was feeling like shit,  confused and
sad and mad!
Then to have to walk in front of everyone and claim desire to  take the way
of NA and surrender......YAY! Everybody clapping and they give you  a key chain
for Gods sake! Let everybody know you might be operating a vehicle  under
influence of narcotics! hahahahaha!!
So, I think I said NA is not for me! If I didn't I have said it  now!
If Ibogaine does not work for me I guess I will be a lifetime  Methadone
Maintenance patient. I can live with that but I sure hope Ibogaine  sets me in the
right direction!
I do know those Bwiti Gods are going to have their work cut out  for them
cause I am addict through and through!
Hope everyone is having a good Saturday. Think I will take a  nap.
Callie