[ibogaine] Re:No fun, really

Preston Peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Fri Aug 20 10:43:49 EDT 2004

>Did you guys really see IGGY?? That is so cool.<

Yep, along with the Stooges, as well as the aforementioned "wanna smoke a
bowl here in Tomkins Square Park" incident.
    I too want to find more O-Rang, as I think I mentioned already. I think
one of the members was in Blur at some point, but I'm not a hundred percent
sure.
    The swimming thing has really grabbed my attention I want to say, in
that I was on swim teams and such as a kid, for a number of years actually,
I got my "mile swim" badge as a boy scout and generally always loved
swimming.
    I'm going to look into that. There's a huge, olympic sized pool, oh,
about 3 blocks from my house, which I've never actually seen first hand but
have shot up outside of in the surrounding park, over by Ave. D, in the
Lower East Side.
    btw, where I grew up, we had to be careful making dolphin noises as the
dolphines that swam past the coast of Sarasota's Siesta and Lido beaches
every dawn and dusk mighta mistaken us for fellow dolphins and boffed us to
death, or something.
    I had a friend swim 3 miles in to shore once, after the hoby he was on
tipped over and the undertow dragged him out that 3 miles from shore. As the
sun began to go down with no one showing up to help him, he decided he'd
better swim back, jumped in the water, and turned around within about 50 or
so yards to check his progress- only to see two fins cut the water behind
him. After a moment or two of panic, the fins turned out to belong to two
dolphins which swam along with him until he reached the beach.
True story. It even made CNN, I think, way back when, sometime during the
80s.
    I jest of course about being boffed to death- I think they only do that
in Carl Hiassen books and on nature shows.
Peace and love,
Preston