[ibogaine] Charlie

cw chowlee at qwest.net
Thu Aug 19 00:10:08 EDT 2004

Hi Callie,
Thank you for the warm welcome; I've indeed been on the list for a few months, and only made a few, brief, posts, a while back.  I wanted to introduce myself earlier, but wanted to catch up on reading the posts that had piled up during the previous week (that was in mid June). I just finished reading the posts for August, but still have about 700+ from July; I've decided not to put it off anymore.

I am very sorry for the recent tragedy in your life. Yes, we all have them, but that doesn't make it any easier.  Earlier in my life, 22-27 & 10-13 years ago, my primary drugs of abuse were, alcohol + whatever I could find.  I had a lot of alcohol related incidents, accidents, and arrests (3 DWI's-10+ accidents, + etc...).  To this day, I am so grateful that I never caused any physical harm to anyone, including myself, during those absolutely insane, irresponsible, immature days. I'd been through treatment for alcohol and drug abuse, twice, two years before I was old enough to legally drink.

As for now, I'm 41, married to a 44 year old RN (small world, huh?), and am taking enough Oxycontin to kill an average sized family, plus their neighbors.   I started playing around with some Percoset about 5 years ago, and am now snorting 20+, 80mg Oxycontin, plus have recently been throwing Heroin and/or Coke in to the mix.   I've had two periods, of about 8 years each (not to mention a few 2-3 days or weeks), completely clean and sober. In late March, I went to a Dr. and got on the Suboxone program, and despite being way under-dosed the first week, followed by having my dose jacked way up (probably to build my dependence, so I would keep going to the Dr), I lasted 5 weeks.  I don't consider that being clean, as the Suboxone is a powerful opiate, but it was a big step in the right direction.  I can't tell you what kind of insanity took over, to make me throw that time away.

By the way, although I've gone to college for (2-AAS degree's almost 3 years ago), and my life revolves around, computers, this is my first time on an interactive mailing list, so please forgive & correct me for any breaches of etiquette. However, at the end of march, as I was starting the Suboxone, I was involved with an opiate detox forum, which I really should have spent more time at the past month or two.

This forum is where I first heard of Ibogaine, and after some initial enthusiasm, decided that it sounded too good to be true and tried to forget about it.  After seeing a few more references to it, I decided to do some serious research on the subject.  I have since decided that, one way or another, I WILL KNOW IBOGA!  While I'm on the subject, a lot of the info I found was through Sara's House, and I want to thank Sara for responding to me when I made my first couple of posts a couple of months ago.  With people like her, Howard, and you Callie, as well as everyone else here who shares info, I know I'm not far away from finding relief to the torture of my brain as it is now.

I do have a lot to say, but this is already getting pretty long.
Thank you, and my best to all,
Charlie

www.pokerweb.com -