[ibogaine] day three!

UUSEAN at aol.com UUSEAN at aol.com
Tue Aug 17 20:20:23 EDT 2004

Hey Julian,

Congrats on your plan for your dose!  Concerning the closed eye hallucination
thing, I was unfamiliar with that concept as well.  In my youth I was a total
psychedelic head (shrooms, LSD, synthetic mesc) and I always remembered both
open and closed eye visions.  But it did turn out the closed eye thing was
true for me as well.

When I opened my eyes, I felt the sensation of being high, but no visions.  I
did see some weird melting metal looking stuff, which I think Preston
mentioned as well, but no true real "picture" stuff.  I'm not sure if what I saw was
the result of light sensitivity or not.  While my room was dark, in retrospect
it could have been darker.

It was really only with closed eyes that I the visionary happenings.  I
didn't mention that in the second stage I did experience the rapid thought
apparently is common with ibo, but it remained really thematic to the pain and disgust
of my actions while using last winter in the city.

On a lighter note, I have been looking into the bear symbol in shamanism.
After all a bear welcomed me to my trip, so I figured I'd check out the cross
cultural symbolism of bears.  I have gained a whole new respect for that animal!

Pax,
Sean