[ibogaine] Lee Albert's ibogaine book available

Nick Sandberg nick227 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Aug 17 06:30:16 EDT 2004

Albert got back to me and explained, firstly, that "Lee" is just his
pen-name, so I should call him Albert, and, secondly, that he got the info
about iboga's origins in the Rift Valley from Eric Taub, and quotes the
following from his site:

All the best

Nick

AT NIRVAN'S GATEPOST: IT'S THE SPIRIT OF IBOGAINE,  AGAIN
How One Exotic Plant Medicine Keeps Growing Roots...

Four years  and hundreds of long, psychoactive sessions later, the root of
the iboga plant, extracted as ibogaine, continues along its mysterious
underground path. An article published in this magazine in 1995 helped lay
some of those tracks here in the West, extending a journey that began
centuries ago when groups of pygmies venturing w! estward from the jungles
of the Rift Valley introduced iboga plant medicine to the Fang of West
Africa.  How the pygmies of East Africa used iboga is not clear. But the
Fang living in the equatorial areas in and around Gabon soon incorporated it
into their lives, their rituals and their mythology.