[ibogaine] our adult children (used to be ibo 2 or not 2)

CallieMimosa at aol.com CallieMimosa at aol.com
Mon Aug 16 23:41:51 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/16/2004 5:33:37 AM Central Daylight Time,
BiscuitBoy714 at aol.com writes:

My son  knows no other way. He's been around addiction all of his life and he
has been  blessed, or cursed, I don't which, with an extreme amount of  heart.

Randy, I have two adult sons (22 and 26) and I raised them and  went through
all the stages of addiction and they watched. I do not mean they  watched me
actually shooting, smoking or snorting.....they watched my steady  decline from
a good wife, mother and nurse to divorced wife, negligent mother  and
unlicensed nurse waiting tables at Shoneys.
They do not use and drink. In fact my oldest son Patrick says  he has never
tasted alcohol or smoked a cigarette. He has ZERO tolerance for ANY  drink or
use. He will not even socialize with people he knows to use or  drink.
My youngest son sounds like your son. He has experimented with  weed and
crystal meth but did not take it any farther. He loves to drink a beer  or two
every now and then. He has friends who smoke weed and he has little  tolerance
for it he says but I notice the 'caretaking enabler' in  him.
You are right they did nothing to deserve the life they were  dealt.
Addiction is terrible poison.
I have not discussed Ibogaine with my sons yet. When the time  is near I will
explain it to them.
I feel like they are going to roll their eyes and say 'whatever  Mom' but
then again they might not. They are both intelligent college educated  men. I
plan to give them information for them to read instead of me trying to  explain
it to them.
Our turn with Ibogaine will come Randy. I agree with you that  it will be
when it is suppose to be.
Peace and thanks for your posts!
Callie