Music, Trance and Dance therapies

kevyn at the Cluster kevyn at pagancluster.org
Sun Aug 15 16:07:24 EDT 2004

Another interesting source of information regarding music and therapy, I
think I have mentioned it before, is the research of TTT. Or
Terpsichoretrancetherapy.
A great book called TTT "An Introduction to Trance Dancing" written by
Doug Morgan.
He was a student doing research and followed Dr. David Akstein, M.D. and
President, International Association for T.T.T., Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The book is intended to introduce T.T.T. to North Americans. It was
developed in Brazil by David Akstein after studying ritual trance in its
indigenous forms for over 25 years.

This is the main reason I am interested in Ibogaine and what is
happening there. It is one form, and if there is knowledge from all of
the old healing methods made available again, well it surely makes us
all less ignorant and hopefully easier to find the life we want to live.

We are attempting to put together a retreat to have T.T.T. sessions in
Alberta, and I want to offer a safe place possibly for Iboga treatment
as well.
I surely need to get more knowledgable first, but thanks to you all on
the list I have been in a crash course of learning over the past 6-8
months..
Cheers for that>

Keep it up Preston!