[ibogaine] third report/booster-congrats

Preston Peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Sat Aug 14 17:43:26 EDT 2004

Dr. Tom wrote >You had asked about being able to smoke weed and manage
symptoms with
other drugs before and after this. You can do whatever you want, that
being the heavan and hell of this free-will thang called life. What ibo
brought to the table for me is that seeking fun, comfort, health and
happiness through any drug is like looking through the wrong side of your
binoculars to see things closer up, or pounding in loose nails with your
new laptop. Bwiti wasn't putting down drugs as bad, nor did She put me
down from any moralistic or pious perspective, it was just shown those
wonderful results are not what drugs can provide.<

then followed up with >I can't presume anyone else would get the same
message from a session with
the ibo team that I did, but a similar result has been described by
junkies who I have facilitated with ibo. After where they go and what they
experience with this experience, the routine, habitual self destruction of
their preferred drug is just too boring and predictable, too much of a
waste of time to hold as much of a glamor for them again. Remember when
the phrase, "no thanks, I get high on life" was the straight comeback to
an offered toke, or drink?  Well, now I can frame that for me now. Sober,
non-high is both higher and lower than being stoned or "high". I don't
want to get%2<

And yer right, it's not quite the same with us all I guess, as I still luv
smokin' pot, and hope I always will.
;p-)))
    I also have a newly kindled desire to do a lot of psychedelics that I've
not yet had the opportunity to try- DMT, ayahuasca, peyote, even E and LSD
and shrooms for sure if I could find any of this stuff.
    On yet another note, I must point out that I'm DEALING WITH THE PAIN
BETTER- a LOT better.
I still hurt a lot, but gee, I can take A pill and it helps, and I'm
satisfied.
    I mean it, I went DANCING, really full on out of my head trancelike
dancing last night, for HOURS non-stop without let up, and loved every
minute of it. I only stopped because I was so tired I was about to collapse.
    I'm also going to bed with the sunrise, then getting outta bed by 10:30
or 11AM each day, then filling my days with non-stop activities, even going
outside, which I've been hating doing for quite some time due to my living
on a 5th Floor walkup and just not wanting to be outside if I didn't have
to, since I could only do my painkillers inside my apartment safely.
    So I'm basically going and going and going until I finally get so tired
I can sleep, as I've had the help of mad amounts of opiates for years to put
me out, and now I have to do with a lot less and it is difficult to get to
sleep unless I've utterly worn myself out first.
    I also haven't taken an afternoon nap since last weekend.
    Weird, weird weird turn of events.
Thanks for the feedback Tom.
Question for Howard- it would be fine for me to fully redose for another
session next Monday, 9 days from now, yes? I fully intend on doing so, I'm
basically lookin' for reassurance, not permission.
;-))
Peace, and love,
Preston