[ibogaine] actual measurments and a long meandering ramble

HSLotsof at aol.com HSLotsof at aol.com
Thu Aug 12 11:42:28 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/12/04 2:16:38 AM, ptpeet at nyc.rr.com writes:

>    QUESTION- if someone had one booster still that they hadn't taken,
>but were already taken very small and limited amounts of opiate pain killers,
>would they have to again wait until even that small amount left their system
>before eating the booster, or is it safe to eat it, say, oh, tomorrow?
>SHould, um, someone, wait a while first? When should it be eaten?
>    IF I did wanna go again sometime sooner than later, how long would
>it be feasible to wait?
>
>    That's still a pretty big if, but I feel so good NOW that hell, you
>were all right, and sure you can remind me of my earlier scardicattedness.
>    What a lightweight wuss I am.

Preston,

You are a Banzie and an experienced drug experimenter/author.  That places
you in a knowledgeable position.  I would, before gaining broader experience,
stick to the general ibogaine protocol, take ibogaine instead of your morning
dose of opiates/wake-up. Then the question becomes "booster" or anther dose.
The same capsule/dose of ibogaine can be used for either.  Have you moved your
bowels yet? Do you want to potentiate your current state or do you want to wait
7 to 10 days to get most of the ibog/noribo out of your system and then
redose or not.  Also how much ibo/etc. you have on board may be very specific to
the individual and your issues with large and small intestine may effect that or
not.  Generally those trails are gone by day 7 at the latest. That may
indicate you are clearing iboga alkaloid metabolite or it may represent another
mechanism altogether.  Many people don't see them after 48-72 hours, some even
sooner than that.  With highly purified ibogaine they disappear faster than with
ibo containing various amounts of other iboga alkaloids.  However, one must
always consider the individuality of the ibogaine experience.

One of the earliest observations in the modern ibogaine period (post 1950)
was Schneider's discovery that ibogaine potentiates opiate analgesia and
toxicity.  You can go to Chris Jenks' wonderful collection of ibogaine documents
http://www.puzzlepiece.org/ibogaine/literature/iborefs.html and scroll down to
Schneider's patent and download a pdf of United States patent, (December 24,
1957), 2,817,623.  Jenks has done a wonderful job of archiving ibogaine/iboga
alkaloid articles and mp3 files, http://www.puzzlepiece.org/ibogaine/ (click on
the CSAM folder).

Also read fernandez just for the fun of it
http://www.ibogaine.org/fernandez.html

Howard