[ibogaine] Dear List, I’m kicking again

Jim Hadey jimhadey3 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 11 08:42:55 EDT 2004

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the answer.  By the way it sounded I thought it was something like they give you methadone like 80 mg one day then 70 the next then 60 etc.  Some know-it-all had a 10% a day detox idea.  It did not not go over that good.  Cause a lot of people a lot of pain.  I was just wondering if you could do it at home?

Your answer could not of come at a better day because today (wed 11th) I will see the bupe doctor and may say to him can you just detox me and let me start all over.  I think my body need a brake from the narcotics because I am building up tolerance.  He just knows about the Lortab and not about the street stuff.   I am only using about $10 on the street now and then but believe it or not it is killer stuff.  If your not used to it, you get fast like speed and if you do it at 10:00 am your up and running until past midnight.  If a non user tried it it may kill 'em.  Since he asked me the last time when I used and I told him $10 (the truth) he feels that I was not trying to get high but get out of pain and gave me Durgestic Patches (Fenatal).

Damn, I don't know what to do.  Thanks for your answer, it is appreciated.  I just might say to him.  Hey, if I wanted to quite completely how long would it take and see what he says.  There is a chance I will be moving soon so I got the choice - put up with back pain or withdrawal pain.  Damn, sounds like a no-win situation.  Do you know by any chance how long it took for them to detox.

BTW, NA, and all those detox centers (other than maybe Betty Ford) average a 10% success rate.  If NA hasen't done much in 20 years it is time to try another avenue,  different things work for different people.  You seem to have it together pretty good considering all you have been through.  Keep it up, good buddy.

Wishing you the best,

  - JIM

UUSEAN at aol.com wrote:

Hi Jim,

Short term detox from my experience is detox which mainly relies on subutex, klonodine, and trazadone.  Nurses keep you on schedule.  Fellow inmates with really bad habits swore this was the most painless detox they ever experienced.  I was given this protocol at Sunrise House in NJ, but I really didn't have a habit so I'm not one to go by.  Everyone I talked to who have a whopper habit was amazed how little they suffered.

Most 12 step rehabs I have been in gave nothing but motrin, herbal tea and trazadone for detox.  They believe you should suffer through it.  Sunrise House, though, while clearly 12 step on the detox side, was not incompassionate on the detox side like the others I've been in.

BTW  I think 12 step is fine for those who it works for as far as that goes.  After 20 years of NA however, I decided it really would never work before, and unless I want to die a homeless, broke junkie with HIV and hepC (which is where I was in May this year) I really better try a different route.  I did attend meetings in San Francisco when I was at that point, but nobody, I mean nobody would give me the time of day at the NA meetings I attended.  It was hard to get a hello.  The AA meetings were slightly friendlier.  I know I smelled, and had a three day beard, but I thought 12 step programs welcomed people when they are that state..or at least suggest other help.
Just added to my ill feeling toward NA.
http://mail.yahoo.com