[ibogaine] Dear List, I’m kicking again

Jim Hadey jimhadey3 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 23:04:24 EDT 2004

Hi Sean,

Tell me PLEASE how does short term detox work?  Honest, I have no idea and can only guess.  I would appreciate it if you could tell me.

Thanks in Advance,

  - JIM

UUSEAN at aol.com wrote:

Hey Nella,

You have confirmed my suspicions that the Tenderloin has not changed since May, my last time in San Fran.  I'm from NJ, 30 minutes from NYC or Newark, cities which are no lightweights when it comes to drugs.  But I will tell you I never found it easier to score dope at any time than San Francisco.  After three weeks in that fine city I was homeless and selling my foodstamps.

Came back to NJ, cleaned up once with much support form this list, have used heroin tree times after cleaning up..playing with fire basically.  I have tried all sorts of support groups 12 step and not to stay clean without success.  So basically ibogaine feels like a chance for a new start.  Getting white chips in NA can no longer feel like that for me.  Too many years.  I need to do something different.  In my case, harm reduction and health permitting, very soon, ibogaine.

A couple of questions, if you don't mind.   Is a short term detox feasible for you? How about ibogaine?  Whatever path you choose, it's really cool that you felt you could come here for support.  This list is mad cool, and there is more experience with dope and dope kicking than anywhere on the net.

Peace,
Sean