New Ibogaine List

Patrick K. Kroupa digital at phantom.com
Mon Aug 9 20:01:24 EDT 2004

Okay,

I just sped-read most of the messages that were posted here over the
last two weeks or so...  And ... right now there is a Sacrament list.
I'm not really clear why we want TWO more ibogaine lists -- bringing it
up to a total of three -- to light up.

'Cuz, from past experience, the only thing that will end up happening,
is people will have the same series of conversations across 3 different
lists, accomplishing nothing except creating a big mess.

I think ... what's gonna happen is, Sacrament will be relit (this
actually means a few more flags get thrown on it, and it's announced
someplace), and it'll become...

Well, what I leaning towards is a list that is generally geared towards
the discussion of sacramental use(s) of ibogaine; the sharing of
experiences from those who have done it (whether you wanna talk about
the visionary aspects, or how to maintain post-ibogaine, or
whateverTheFuck) and, whatever comes up...

Whereas THIS will remain the central ibogaine list.

I sorta think it's a poor idea to restrict the Sacrament list to only
those who have already done ibogaine.  Partially because it is
exclusionary -- and many of the way-fucked do seem to derive a lot of
hope and inspiration from just their awareness of ibogaine, and
interacting with people who have used it to step out of drug
dependence.

But, in addition to all that...  I'm not the babysitter or hall
monitor.  While I know a lot of you personally, and many of you over
the phone or email or whatever...  I have absolutely no way of knowing
if some random person has dosed or not.  Maybe they have, maybe they've
just read a lot of experience reports, maybe nearly anything...
<Shrug>

The bottom line is...  If you're so fragile that reading the thoughts
of another person who is still using drugs -- which you've stopped
doing -- will somehow tarnish you, destroy your radiant purity, or make
you relapse...  Then possibly you've got other things to worry about
rather then whether ALL the people you talk to have done ibogaine.

At the same time I recognize that a lotta people do want to discuss
IBOGAINE, and not hear war stories or junkie coffee talk.  So, I think,
the only request will be: please try to respect the purpose of the
Sacrament list, and don't fill it up with ... well, Junkie Coffee Talk
<insert emoticon here>.  Because people DO complain about that shit.
"I like THE LIST, buT...  Every time I open up my mailbox there are 500
new messages, and then, ThEN, THEN, I *CLICK* and I'm not finding any
ibogaine!@#!!!  I, I ... I had to eat two Xanax to calm down.  It was
awful!!!"

Yeah, well, ya know ... therein lies the beauty of using whatever email
client makes you happy, and learning how to set the filters.

Thusly, to sum it all up: THIS is the main list, temple, chapel,
gathering space, bar, shooting gallery, crackhouse, anti-12-step
meeting, and meat market, all smoOshed together... and Junkie Coffee
Talk is more than welcome; since, above all else, I think we're a
community.

Try to be respectful that the purpose of the Sacrament list is slightly
different.

If this doesn't work out, well, we can try sumthin' else.

If you have input, please give it.  If you don't want to send it out to
the entire list and discuss it, feel free to email me, with "Regarding
Sacrament List" somewhere in the subject line ... if you don't use that
topic, my filters will toss it wherever, and I may never see it.  I may
not have time to respond, but I will read it.

Thanks.  A junkie from New York,

Patrick

Could be worse, at least I'm not a basehead ... what a buncha fuckin'
lowlifes.  Go get sum lemon juice, a cooker and a rig, what's wrong
with all of you anyway!??!?!

God bless us, everyonE.