[ibogaine] question

shelley krupa skrupa20022002 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 8 11:25:56 EDT 2004

Sandy,thank you for your reply.Youve contributed to my day today.Harm reduction works.Keep at it,fondly shell

booker w <swbooker at hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi Shelley.  I really empathize with your question as it's very similar to mine.  Man, I feel like I've tried EVERYTHING to stay clean too, but I can't ever seem to make it stick for more than a few years at a time.  I really envy and admire anyone who does.  I've taken ibo three times and I totally relate to what you talk about with the closeness of the "other world" and how beautiful everything and everyone looks.  When I'm in that space drugs have NO appeal whatsoever.  Coffee even looked icky and quitting cigarettes was the easiest part for me...

I love what ibogaine has to give but it still seems like every other approach to addiction - for some folks it sticks and others it doesn't.  I'm just one of the others.  I hate to write here sometimes in fear of dashing hopes by admitting that I'm not clean, but everyone has to roll the dice for themselves.  No doubt ibo does something different that nothing else does (in my opinion,) but it still ain't a hundred percent...

I feel sort of frustrated myself 'cause I feel like I did everything right too.  I've done YEARS of therapy - am very active physically, volunteer a lot, eat very well, keep my responsibilities clean, spent three years in 12 step stuff and did EVERYTHING I was supposed to there too - and yada yada.  I sometimes think that the folks who've lost more due to their addiction maybe can hang on to sobriety better because it took them down so low.  Maybe that's a generalization and I apologize to anyone if that sounds like a dis - I don't mean it to be.  It's just that I never lost a job, never had a brush really with the law, no one even knows when I'm high, and this last relapse I've kept the dose so low that even I am amazed.  Doesn't mean things won't get out of hand eventually, but I credit ibo with at least allowing me "harm reduction" with my own habit.

Some folks here talk about how opiates relieve depression and I know some folks find that just doing methadone the rest of their life still allows their life to be much better than when "runnin' and gunnin'.  I don't care for the attitude that folks still using have nothing to offer - I think that idea might likely bite you in the ass eventually, but I empathize with it all.  What humans understand about addiction I think amounts to what the cave folks understood about electricity.  I don't think we really have a clue yet what it really stems from or why ibogaine seems to hit the reset button for some but not all.  Some folks walk into 12 step meetings and get that too right off, but what is the difference between the one who get's it and the one who doesn't?  I have an idea in my head alot that I may be "paying back" for judging "weak" people too harshly in the past, - like having to be fat for being a creep to fat people at one time.  That's the only answer I have for myself right
 now.

Shelley, I hope you find a way to hang on.  I do believe that if you keep trying you finally get it. I used to play a sport professionally and the people who kept getting up over and over no matter how many times they got beat on - their games improved constantly and consistently.  I just give up for periods of time, and then seem to energize to fight again.  I do believe one thing - growth is most often slow and arduous - but most of us would love to grow a lot faster (I would anyway.)

BEst to all...  Sandy

Don’t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! /]=---------------------------------------------------------------------=[\ [%] Ibogaine List Commands: http://ibogaine.mindvox.com/IbogaineList.html [%] \]=---------------------------------------------------------------------=[/