suboxone

Dana Beal dana at cures-not-wars.org
Fri Aug 6 15:12:28 EDT 2004

>"Buprenorphine, made by Reckitt Benckiser and sold under the brand name
>  Suboxone, became the first prescription medication for people addicted
>  to heroin or painkillers.

Important to note that bupe per se is NOT available. The "ox" in
suboxone is the tip-off that the stuff is formulated with natrexan,
so that it can't be injected without triggering a complete blockade
of the receptors and inducing rapid detox and excruiating
withdrawals. Yr not supposed to feel it (1/200th of a dose) if you do
it sublingually, but people do if they're more sensitive, and that's
the reason some people don't tolerate it well. That may also partly
account for the 3 day blockade effect cited in the article.

I have a call into the writer.

Dana/cnw

p.s: did I mention trexan makes you go bald and impotent?