[ibogaine] Ibogaine Patients' Bill of Rights

Jaden Shaw jadensheldon at yahoo.ca
Thu Aug 5 18:02:57 EDT 2004

 I'm some junkie from Vancouver. Maybe I do have
potential after all and if being some junkie from New
York was your pool of strength then I guess I also
have a pool to drink from. I would not have been
introduced to Ibogaine had it not been for Howard  and
Marc Emery and so to you both I am grateful. I suspect
that everyone who has experienced Ibogaine is like me
in the way  that even if they go back to using, their
lives have been transformed in no small way by the
experience. And I cant shake it. I have been learning
as much as I can every day about Ibogaine for the last
two years and being this list has allowed me to talk
to people who acctually know what I am talking about.
I grew up in the system and my education and attitude
has always been pure street. So when I was pulled off
the street by Marc Emery  to guinea pig some african
root that would supposedly get me clean I didnt
believe a word of it, but I had nothing to loose.
When I came out the other side I was different,
because I was myself for the first time. Well I didnt
know this self but I was anxious to get to know me.
The last two years since Ibogaine have been the best
of my  whole life. I  got to  do a year of film school
and help people get off methadone with Ibogaine and
learn the guitar and see what human relationships are
really all about. Its lonely is really the only think
that makes me sad about living. Sure I have friends
but when you  cant share your passions with them it
sometimes makes you lonely. Can anyone relate?
 About the man who wasnt happy with his Ibogaine
experience. For me, it was very visual and very
personalised. I did have to relive a few things that
made me very uncomfortable. Who wants to be faced with
a bunch of truth right? But Ibogaine put me in  that
state of now. Inside Ibogaine I dont think you can
experience fear, I dont think you can have a bad trip.
I saw things that when they happened I was younger and
very scared at the time. When I saw it again through
my Ibo-eyes I could see that yes it was a scary
situation for me but I had an understanding of it that
wasnt there before . When I "awoke" I knew that it
really wasnt my  fault it was just something that
happened to me that sucked. But that new understanding
was so liberating. Ibogaine gave that to me. My  point
is that sure the visual part of Ibogaine can be
uncomfortable but  I  think its a gift and sometimes
its neccessary  to feel disomfort to becom free of
something. Hope that came out properly. Take care.