[ibogaine] Ibogaine Patients' Bill of Rights

HSLotsof at aol.com HSLotsof at aol.com
Thu Aug 5 11:51:22 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/4/04 11:51:59 PM, CallieMimosa at aol.com writes:

>In a message dated 8/4/2004 9:19:26 PM Central Daylight Time,
>jimhadey3 at yahoo.com writes:
>
>Some  junkie in New York noticed that it stopped addiction.

>That junkie was you wasn't it Howard?
>Callie

Hi Callie,

I guess it always comes down to that...some junkie in new york.  That should
be the rallying call for our next president...and now your next president,
some junkie from new york.  The answer is yes and I really have to go back to the
core strength of having been some junkie in new york because it is amazing
that regardless of my doing what many considered impossible: Obtaining patents
for ibogaine to treat chemical dependence, getting the DEA to cooperate, after
seven or eight years getting NIDA to initiate an ibogaine research program,
providing the first contracts to work with ibogaine to both Glick and Mash and a
lot more that I will hold for future discussion or really can't say, the
strength from which I derived the power to move science and governments was by
being some junkie from new york.  Remember Moses was some jew from egypt and
Jesus was a convicted criminal.  And yes, lotsof was some junkie from new york.
The road that I have walked to make ibogaine available to those who need it is
to me the same road of good works of many who have come before me and many who
will come after me.  And every time I think of my own work I think of how
brave some of the people who have assisted me have been, then and now.

Hope that helps and thanks as always.

Howard