[ibogaine] Ibogaine Patients' Bill of Rights

Jim Hadey jimhadey3 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 22:07:22 EDT 2004

Hi All,

It was durning the civil war that the syringe was invented. Fun facts to know and tell.  Well anyway that is when a chemist invented diactlymorphone(sp) di ass a tee al    morphone, commonly known as heroin.  It was just as good as morphine for pain only non addictive.  If they allowed it on the market USP (medical grade) it would of helped a lot of people, eased a lot of pain and suffering.  Some time in the future some kid will be reading in a history book about heroin and how people were getting strung out on it.  Some junkie in New York noticed that it stopped addiction.  And some guy named Howard fought to have it used as a tool along with methadone, llam and subutex.  As it turned out it was a hell of a fight but he won and many people quit the drug that ruined many of lives.  It was a humane way to end an addiction for they used to make the addict go cold turkey which was very painful only to have them start up again.  It seemed addicts were in the same class of drunks and no
 one really cared that much about them.

Many people would of said well I cured my habit, let the others do what they can about their problem.  But Howard gave of himself, time and energy so others could enjoy a better quality of life.  And the kid will think to himself hmmmm.....wonder what this guy was like, he helped a lot of people.  Not only the addict but their wives, their children, their families, helped stop crime, saved taxpayers money and a lot more.  Specially since there were diseases like hepatitis B and C which killed many people along with another one called AIDS that people who used drugs seemed to catch.  Maybe I'll do a book report on him.

  - JIM

BiscuitBoy714 at aol.com wrote:
Hey all,       I've been reading the posts about the Ibogaine bill of rights with much interests but have refrained from comment until now. I haven't had the treatment yet so I don't feel I have much right to say anything, but then realized that this bill of rights is for people like me. I am glad that someone is looking ahead to the next patient and from what I've seen and read I'm glad that its Howard Lotsoff. If you look at the history of Ibogaine and its use for addiction his name comes up the earliest and most often. I'm sure that most of the providers read this list and all of them know who Howard is. Also, he's one of us. He's been addicted and knows how much it sucks. Unless there is some reason not to trust him, and I'm sure it would have come out by now given that the powers that be would love to have some juicy shit to throw around whenever Ibogaine comes up, he gets my vote to be qualified to write it. Hell I say we write him in for president. Be better than Bush or Kerry
 and a hell of lot more interesting. Instead of "Hail to the chief" we play "Journey to the center of our mind" whenever he makes an appearance. But I digress. I'm not trying to suck up to anyone I just think that Howard's name should garner the respect to make the providers at least look at the bill of rights and go with it. I read them and agree with what it says and can't think of any thing to add. Free your mind and your ass will follow       Randy