[ibogaine] IBO for ketamine

HSLotsof at aol.com HSLotsof at aol.com
Wed Sep 17 13:05:09 EDT 2003

In a message dated 9/17/03 4:37:04 PM, windforme at graffiti.net writes:

>That and also Crystal meth. Has anyone used Ibo to treat meth
>
>addiction?

We treated a low dose methadone/high dose methamphetamine user.  The patient
was using 20mg/day of methadone and shooting more than 1 gram a day of
methamphetamine.  Methamphetamine use was discontinued 48 hours prior to
administration according to the patient.  The patient in some ways presented a unique
profile.  I believe this was due to the possible raising of brain levels of
amphetamine by ibogaine that is reported by glick in one of his papers as per his
rats.  The patient responded normally and three or four hours into the
experience suddenly got out of bed and stated she wanted to go to the beach.  Well, we
were indulgent providers and drove to a beach about ten miles away.  She
walked around for about 45 minutes and stated she wanted to return to her bed and
thereafter had a rather normal experience, that is flat on her back.  Two days
later the patient was completely refreshed and amazed she felt as good as she
did with no withdrawal from or desire to use methadone.  However, this is only
one patient so don't base expected results on this single description.

Howard