[ibogaine] Saddam Emery? RE: [ibogaine] Bickering in the Ibo/Activist Movement

Tommy tgoodson7 at cox.net
Sat Nov 22 17:57:37 EST 2003

Jaden:  You bring up some very valuable points.  In some ways "After-Care" may be as important
if proper follow-up is secured, as the original IBOGAINE THERAPY.   Without it too many addicts
relapse or recidivate fail in their attempt to stay sober.  It is not a particular weakness so much
as it the very nature of ADDICTION.

I am 80 years old and I have never been addicted, fortunately, so I cannot speak from experience but as an interested observer and having a Grandson, 26 years old,who was addicted from the age of 12
and is serving a 5 year term now for transgressions committed after having a complete 6 day treatment with IBOGAINE, the absence of proper follow-up therapy was sorely missed.  With proper
"After-Care" I feel sure he would have made it.  No one is a stronger advocate for IBOGAINE than he.

 Even now, he says he must have a booster treatment of Ibogaine Therapy when he is free and he  now knows the value of follow-up therapy.   I remain committed to and am totally convinced that it
is the only existing affective treatment for "DRUG ADDICTION"

I am a convinced observer of Marc Emery's authenticity and his dedication to serving his fellow men.  There are other individuals actively involved in the service and treatment of "Drug Addicts"
who can help and give you valuable.

One thing you can do is start a "Group Therapy" following right in your own community.  Your active participation in such a group would probably benefit you to an unlimited extent.  And your message gives me the idea you are "Champing at Bit" to get into the action of the Drug Reform
movement and the clean-up after-math of the over-all experience.

Other than Marc Emery, there are other individuals around the country who can help you.  One of these people is the gentleman with whom I dealt for my Grandson for treatment is an Eric Taub.  He
is a fine person and has helped hundreds of ADDICTS.  He, as much as any one I know, can give
you more information.   He is located in Gainsville, Fl.  Marc Emery is in Vancouver, B. C., Canada.

First, though, there is tons of information on the internet about the treatment and "After-Care" of addicts.  Learn all you can from this source and especially the first person accounts of "Recovering Addicts" who have successfully taken the necessary "Ibogaine Therapy
Treatments" and the follow-up group therapy deemed so necessary and indispensable for
continued sobriety.

I understand Eric has treated more 450 addicts; he has a very special ambition to treat 5% of the world's addicts.  There are many dedicated individuals in the activity of "Drug Problem Solving" and
more are getting into the action all the time.  One day I trust that there will be enough people in the
"FIGHT" to blow the lid off the cult of secrecy surrounding the "Drug and Ibogaine Movement".

One day politicians will acknowledge the efficacy of IBOGAINE and jump on the "band-wagon".

I am not a philanthropist; just an old man sitting on the side lines adding a word here and there in
the hopes of helping some poor unfortunate "DRUG ADDICT".  I am not religious, "But for the grace
of God it could be me".

I am not an expert on Drug Addiction but I sure have learned a hell of a lot about addiction as an
interested observer.  I never really wanted to know anything about DRUGS AND DRUG ADDICTION.

Eric Taub's  e-mail address is ibeginagaine at aol.com.  Marc Emery's e-mail address is info at ibogainetherapyhouse.

Tommy Goodson