Guardian article, NYC Ibogaine forum

Dana Beal dana at cures-not-wars.org
Mon Nov 10 18:45:28 EST 2003

Was this posted to this list?

http://books.guardian.co.uk/departments/healthmindandbody/story/0,6000,1045038,00.html

I seem to remember some one saying that it was an imporved version of
the piece from the LA Weekly. Pinchbeck was at our forum on
Sunday--which went really well, about 40 participants taking in an
expanded 5 hour versionof the panel at the DPA conf, which was kind
of rushed.

This was much better, amd as advertized there was debate in the first
workshop--or at least a personality clash between Pincbeck and
Patrick. The best thing was when the youngest garbagehead present
averred that he would like to do ibogaine, of course--but that it
made sense to focus on the anti-addictive properties at present.

Sandra from Iboga Therapy House was there, along with Narda, Romell
and Jeff Gardiere, the radio host. But the first panel focused less
on the question of resistance to Ibogaine due to the abstinence-based
orientation of America at large, and more with what Ibogaine IS.

  The second panel, with Dr. Ken, Howard, Boaz, Dhoruba and Dimitri
from Detroit dealt more with getting it to be  accessible to people
who find Vancouver to be to much of a Schlep. But ongoing
conversations made it clear that opening up in Windsor and Montreal
may be more complicated it seemed at first blush.

The forum would be a good model for events in other Northeastern
cities, though.

Dana/cnw