[ibogaine] who's minding the store at ethnogarden?

ad astra metagrrl at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 26 23:21:29 EDT 2003

Hi,

I don't know how to reach them, but I have had
experience, or perhaps I should say non-experience,
with their products.

I took 25 grams of ethnogarden iboga root bark about a
year ago, but had no discernable effect.  At the time
I attributed it to possible absorption problems caused
by mixing it with milk and honey, and also the fact
that I only kept it down for about 2 hours before
puking it up.

A week ago I took 4 grams of ethnogarden extract on an
empty stomach (after fasting for about 15 hours), did
not puke, felt only mild nausea (though I had taken an
OTC anti-nausea medication),  and had no noticeable
psychoactive effects.  However I did feel physically
rather ill for a couple of days afterward.  4 grams of
the extract, according to the website, should be about
1 gram of ibogaine; proportional to my body weight it
would be around 11-12 mg/kg ibogaine.

This could be just me...I could be immune to iboga's
effects.  I should also mention, though, that I spoke
a few days ago to someone who recently ingested 20
grams of root bark powder from ethnogarden and kept it
down for about 2 hours before throwing up.  He
described the effects as being "very mild, maybe even
placebo effects."

For what it's worth, I've heard indirect accounts of
people getting some effect from around 5 grams of root