[ibogaine] morphine vs oxycodone vs methadone

Reynaldo Gonzalez pacopaco44 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 17 14:36:14 EDT 2003

Rick Venglarcik <RickV at hnncsb.org> wrote:For what it's worth...coming from a methadone pimp...this DEA RED FLAG
thing with doctors is a bunch of nonsense (at least at this time...but
that will change over the next year or two). The DEA hasn't been doing
much of anything to doctors who are prescribing methadone...at least in
this area. Our clinic has taken a major hit from all the people
dropping out of MMTP to go with a private doctor. Doctors are not being
popped, despite regular complaints from clinic directors in the area to
the DEA re: this issue.

So if you think methadone is the way to go, I would just keep
looking...or ask around at the meth. clinics. There are plenty of docs
out there who will prescribe.

Personally, I think the issue is a calculated strategy to drive down
methadone clinic censuses in order to reduce federal funding...driving
many public clinics out of business so private clinics can rush in after
the DEA finally cracks down on prescribing doctors.

_____________________________________
Rick Venglarcik, MA, CSAC
Hampton Roads Clinic
2236 W. Queen St., Suite C
Hampton, VA 23666

Office: (757) 827-8430 x144
Fax: (757) 826-2772
Cell: (757) 270-9839
_____________________________________

>>> bcalabrese at yahoo.com 06/16/03 03:51PM >>>
Just got back from the doctor.

Basically yes he is licensed to prescribe methadone to
a pain patient BUT some RED FLAG goes off at the DEA
and they come crawl up his ass if he does. So, it
comes down to "it is not a fight I am willing to take
on" - meaning him vs the DEA.

So, in a nutshell I got a script for 60 oxycontin
($175.00 - and that is just to see if it works and on
top of the other meds), a highly desirable drug on the
street - which is just fine and dandy BUT can't get a
prescription for methadone (cost about $12 for the
month) because I might be a drug addict going to an
orthopedic surgeon to score nethadone (????? as in
what the F????). That makes so much sense that only
someone working for the DEA that is absoulutely
clueless about drug abuse could come up with it.

Any suggestions, I am not above seeking out the local
methadone clinic BUT think that is more problems than
it is worth - and I am not going to do some daily run
to the clinic and wait to score... Humm, maybe that is
an idea, I could hand out IBOGAINE literature, that
will go over great!

venting over, humph!

I will likely wait and clean out before starting the
oxy. Doing stuff like that is good for the former
addict not to become a current addict... If nothing
else, I am in control, not the drug. And I like being
me, these last 10 days having to take that pill in the
morning (the morphine) sucked. I would wake up ME and
then get this coating over me from the drug, not HIGH
and nothing fun even if I would let it (and I
wouldn't). That is not what I worked so hard for.
There has to be some balance between being drugged and
being non-functional due to pain and they sure make it
a pain in the ass to find out what it might be...

Brett

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including attachments, is for
privleged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
message.