[ibogaine] many questions

paul jackamo pauljackamo at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 12 20:36:33 EDT 2003

Curtis wrote:

>85mg of methadone is very low. It might not be very low, very low, to
>the rest of the world. But I've been as high as 120, some on this list
>have been on 200, 300mg or more. 85mg. is not a big deal.

I agree Curtis, in the context of ibogaine treatment for methadone
dependence, then high dosage ranges seem treatable as both Marc and Sara in
Holland have documented, especially when indra/hcl is given as a multiple
administration, over a short time.
In any other context, 85mg is a high dose (especially over here in England
where the average range is 40-60mg).
Ive come off much lower doses without using ibogaine (40mg) and it nearly
killed me or at least it felt like that at the time.

I still think decreasing your methadone dose and/or switching to a shorter
acting opiate before undergoing ibogaine treatment is a good idea IMO - but
equally, an inability to do so, should not preclude a person from seeking
ibo treatment

paul.