[ibogaine] many questions

crownofthorns at hushmail.com crownofthorns at hushmail.com
Thu Jun 12 20:03:37 EDT 2003

I understand you are worried about your daughter. But I don't think anyone
can give you assurances for the long list of questions you've asked.

Marc and Howard gave good answers. As far as depression goes it has for
sure helped me a lot in that direction. Overall I can think of nobody
who has taken ibogaine and then afterwards their life got worse because
of it. I do know people freak out sometimes while they are tripping or
a little after, but nobody I know has ever had a psychotic break from
it.

85mg of methadone is very low. It might not be very low, very low, to
the rest of the world. But I've been as high as 120, some on this list
have been on 200, 300mg or more. 85mg. is not a big deal.

I would get her some. If it doesn't work the first time try again ;-)

Peace out,
Curtis

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 05:47:03 -0700 HSLotsof at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 6/11/03 7:50:04 AM, Otter60 at aol.com writes:
>
>>I wrote before asking about ibogaine for which my 26 year old daughter
>>on MMT is considering treatment.  She and I have many quesions,
> and since she
>>doesn't have internet access, I am trying to seek answers.  If
>anyone can
>>help, please reply.
>>
>>__How does a person with chronic major depression and anxiety react
>>ibogaine treatment?  Are they not a candidate?
>
>What exactly do you mean by chronic major depression and anxiety?
> While I
>would say there may be improvement.  It is also not uncommon that
>prior
>medications for these disorders may have to be taken again.  Three
>is always the
>possibility of an adverse effect in whatever form that may take.
> However, the more
>you have to intercede on behalf of your daughter, internet or not,
> the less
>benefits I see for her.  And, I would certainly stipulate you should
>not
>involve yourself in her actual treatment, though some providers
>would differ with me
>on that.
>
>>---How is the treatment and success different for heroin and methadone
>>users? Is there sometimes still a residual addiction (she is on
>85 mg. of
>>methadone).
>
>Treatment is not principally dissimilar for both drugs though there
>may be
>dose and regimen modifications.  What do you mean by success?  Under
>any
>circumstances multiple treatment with ibogaine over time (variable)
>appear to be
>required to accomplish any long term change for most patients.
>
>>---What are possible negative results?  Can they be permanent?
> What is
>>meant by  the term "psychotic break" and what is the prognosis?
>
>Throw the dice and find out.  Who uses the term "psychotic break"?
>
>Fatalities have been known to occur.
>
>>If it doesn't work, she will be kicked off of the Methadone clinic
>for
>missing doses.  What chance is there of that?
>
>If your daughter informs the clinic she is going to opt for ibogaine
>therapy
>and if it does not work will wish to return to the methadone clinic
>they may
>agree in advance to that.  But, please be very clear that many patients
>require
>multiple treatment of ibogaine.  Talk to the people who will be
>providing
>your daughter's therapy.
>
>Howard

https://www.hushmail.com/services.php?subloc=messenger&l=434

Big $$$ to be made with the HushMail Affiliate Program: