[ibogaine] many questions

Rick Venglarcik RickV at hnncsb.org
Wed Jun 11 08:54:45 EDT 2003

I leave the other brilliant minds on the list to field all the other
questions.

As far as the methadone, it would, of course, be better if she could be
transferred to a shorter acting opiate for 3-4 weeks prior (or even
longer).  The possibility that it "doesn't work" is somewhere between
slim chance and none.  It works.  More specifically, it will eliminate
the withdrawal syndrome.  For some time afterward, it will also
eliminate cravings.  The most important piece is the post-treatment care
to avoid falling back into drug use.  Good luck.

_____________________________________
Rick Venglarcik, MA, CSAC
Hampton Roads Clinic
2236 W. Queen St., Suite C
Hampton,  VA  23666

Office:  (757) 827-8430 x144
Fax:  (757) 826-2772
Cell: (757) 270-9839
_____________________________________

>>> Otter60 at aol.com 06/11/03 07:49AM >>>
I wrote before asking about ibogaine for which my 26 year old daughter
on MMT
is considering treatment.  She and I have many quesions, and since she

doesn't have internet access, I am trying to seek answers.  If anyone
can help,
please reply.

__How does a person with chronic major depression and anxiety react to

ibogaine treatment?  Are they not a candidate?

---How is the treatment and success different for heroin and methadone
users?
 Is there sometimes still a residual addiction (she is on 85 mg. of
methadone).

---What are possible negative results?  Can they be permanent?  What is
meant
by  the term "psychotic break" and what is the prognosis?

If it doesn't work, she will be kicked off of the Methadone clinic for

missing doses.  What chance is there of that?

Any feedback would be helpful.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including attachments, is for
privleged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
message.