[ibogaine] zooming through the brain

Randy Hencken randyhencken at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 6 11:52:44 EDT 2003

Carla,

Tool and ibogaine was only my speculation.  Since I posted that to this list
I have been in contact with people from the Tool Camp and they had no idea
what ibogaine was.  I didn't speak with Maynard or any of the band members,
but I presume if the folks near by didn't know about ibo then maynard & co.
haven't used ibo .  You're right though, something happened between undertow
and lateralus that caused the music to spiral out and become more positive.
Tool was definately hanging around with Alex Grey, maybe they spent a lot of
time in the Amazon drinking Yage. Maybe.  Well that is the beauty of music.
Each of us can hear the same song and apply it to our own lives in any
different way.  Even with my bubble having been burst, finding out that tool
didn't write the music after an ibo experience, I still hear the god of
iboga in thier music.  Be careful with that album Carla, it is infectious.
At first you may not like it or find it it "hard to listen to", but then one
day you'll wake up and find that Lateralus hasn't come out of your CD player
in weeks.

Where did you find the interviews that you mention?  I would like to read
them.

Peace,
Randy