[ibogaine] unbiased ibogaine research? how?

Allison Senepart aa.senepart at xtra.co.nz
Tue Jun 3 07:21:12 EDT 2003

Nothing wrong with profit if there are good reasons or intentions behind it.
As far as I can see most govts don't want the hassle of recognizing
ibogaine.  It costs them votes cost addicts are a minority group and my
understanding of supplying Methadone is that is cheap shit that costs them
as little as possible and apparently keeps crime down cos it keeps addicts
happy and out of trouble.  They are seen to go through all the motions of
therapy etc. while not spending too much money or time and think they can
shove the whole problem under the carpet sort of thing.
Mostly its all crap.  The originial idea of the Methadone programe was to
drop dosage and get people off which hardly ever happens to my knowledge.
Most people I know end up increasing not dropping.  Most of the so called
people who are supposed to provide help don't even know what they are
talking about and are very uninformed about their job in general but still
get paid for repeating text book phrases.  I probably sound cynical but they
give my a guts ache.  Thats why I won't go through all the crap to go on the
programme. I'd rather stay at home and deal with myself than those wankers.
It would be great to see some progress on ibogaine or even open minds to
other treatments but it seems like banging your head against a brick wall at
times.  I know there are people who are passionate out there but the
majority are just muddling along in some passive state worrying about whats
in their own back yard.
PS  Sorry for ranting.  Must be in one of those moods.  Allison