unbiased ibogaine research? how?

marcus75 at ziplip.com marcus75 at ziplip.com
Mon Jun 2 21:31:50 EDT 2003

I write this message with respect to everyone and hope to receive the same.  This means you Patrick, it is not necessary to go off on me, I am not blindly attacking anyone or making unfounded accusations. I am writing only on facts as they have been shown over course of years of time.

I would think that somewhere between Marc's attitude of ibogaine being very safe and Mash's hysteria of ibogaine will kill everybody unless she is the one giving it to you, is the middle of some level of what is real..

What I'd like to know is what the real facts are about ibogaine's safety or danger. I think that with the present situation none of these will ever be known by anyone because the only researcher with human data on giving ibogaine to drug addicts is Mash. Mash is biased, has vested personal interest in ibogaine and second generation ibogaine drugs (nor-ibogaine) and Mash lies.

If she doesn't lie then she changes her mind a lot as with the constantly closing but never really closed Healing Visions.

Ibogaine is never going anywhere in the united states if it depends on Mash for anything. If she ever submits data to anyone, it's not going to be anything that says ibogaine is safe. There is never even a need to interview Mash, everyone already knows what she will say which is ibogaine is extremely dangerous and kills everyone unless she sells it to you.

I think ibogaine in united states is dead, Mash has helped turn it into same thing as lsd. I don't know how agencies accept data or what they need for it to qualify but I'm not sure anyone would even accept data from person who is biased and has so much personal interest in that outcome. That's not science it is unfair business practice. I am sure no data will ever show that ibogaine is safe while all data show that nor-ibogaine is very safe.

There is a real need for an unbiased group of scientists without personal profit potential who really are investigating what ibogaine does and what the science is, to have access to patients undergoing ibogaine treatment. So far there are only ego maniacs with interest in themselves not in science.

A open question to the list is what can be done to bring scientists who want to do research instead of make a profit or increase their market share for a over priced detox, in contact with patients undergoing ibogaine treatment in Mexico, Canada or elsewhere in the world.

I see ibogaine treatment moving forward but legal access and scientific research isn't going anywhere. It hasn't moved in years, with any of it depending on Mash it will never move.