In a clinical setting, you're chances are greater...

MARC marc420emery at shaw.ca
Sun Jun 1 23:03:12 EDT 2003

I want to take issue with this assertion:

>>In a clinical
> setting your prospects are much improved and the safety
> factor is greater.<<<<

I disagree.

I have seen no evidence that a suitable dose of Ibogaine HCI or Indra
Extract (20%) administered to a person who has had a heart scan and a blood
test (incl. ALT) and is otherwise even reasonably healthy is at ANY RISK AT
ALL. Most of my patients have HEP C, and other damage, so we're still
talking relatively healthy.

Oh, I am aware of the 7 or so known deaths since 1965. Virtually all can be
explained, and even then, 7 fatalities in 40 years speaks to its remarkable
safety, considering the modern day user of ibogaine is by virtue of drug
addiction in a very high risk group.

I have treated 21 patients thirty-five times in the most recent 7 months,
some once, others twice, though none were addicts any longer at the time of
the second treatment (though some had lapsed and used on a single occasion).

The best safety you can insure is that your monitor/facillitator/etc. be
prepared to take you to hospital if you fall unconscious or if any vital
signs (heartbeat, temperature) create serious concern. Observe MAO inhibitor
protocols in the diet period prior to iboga administration,

A good friend, a medically minded person, iboga from a reliable source, a
heart scan and blood test (and understanding the information in the scan &
blood test) and I believe you have all the things necessary to organize your
own treatment. I really don't think people need to go to a clinic if they
know someone who can organize treatment properly.

What I find is that 48 hours after the iboga experience, all the patients
want to flee into the arms of someone they love and trust, get some
stability, and then they want to exploit the energy and optimism (and being
drug free) and keep moving. They don't really want to stay any longer than
necessary no matter how great the view, art supplies, good food, etc. you
have in your environment (as we have had). All the can think about is 'their
life' now that they are no longer drug addicted. Really, they are so caught
up in thinking about 'their life' NOW that they only really remember to
thank you later on for unspringing them.

There is no magic a clinic/hospital can offer. Even there, a doctor is on
call, there is no doctor at your bedside 24 hours a day. A nurse comes in a
measures your vital signs. Thats what we do. If theres a crisis, the nurse
gets a doctor, thats what we do.

Surprisingly, the task that is most challenging is getting the patient to
drink fluid (Gatorade is best because it has electrolytes that make the
water most useful) and then to eat food. And helping them figure out what
they are going to do with all that extra time since they only need 2 hours
sleep each night for about 2 - 3 weeks.

All 21 patients I have treated are all greatly improved in their lives.
Their destructive drug taking is gone or remarkably reduced. No one has
returned to full bore drug addiction, though some have lapsed and used their
drug on isolated occasions. Many are in school now (all ages) or working
again. Most regard iboga extract (thats what we give them) as one of the
best things ever to happen to them.

Since I didn't charge anyone any money whatsoever, I have no proprietary
interest in iboga. I receive no income at any point in any way from iboga. I
think with proper planning, anyone can have themselves treated, and a bit of
to do list needs to be written up for those that could and can and should do
a dose of iboga.

Marc Emery
Iboga Therapy House