re butthole surfers

preston peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Sat Jan 25 12:46:22 EST 2003

>please don't forget about the butthole surfers they put on some of the best
shows i've ever been to and they used to hang out with william s burroughs<

For your amusement-

http://www.drugwar.com/pshroomshows.shtm
A Simple Experiment Goes Well
Butthole Surfers are a better Shroom Band than Jane's Addiction
By Preston Peet (Originally published in the New York Waste, Nov. 2001)
I was reading Melbomene Whitehead's Subderma column in the October issue of
the New York Waste one lazy Thursday afternoon, enthralled with her vivid
account of patriotic bra shopping, when I came to her declaration of the
unsuitability of wearing a certain bra to the upcoming Butthole Surfers'
concert.
I immediately threw down the Waste as I leapt to my feet.
"V," I exclaimed, "Butthole Surfers are playing next week, and I'm going to
get tickets right now." And I did.
Upon waking the next morning, what should I find on my computer keyboard but
a confirmation note saying that 2 Jane's Addiction tickets were in the
process of heading our way.
Jane's Addiction tickets? What?
Sure enough, seems that while at work V heard about a Jane's Addiction show
at Madison Square Garden the very next Monday, October 15th, just a weekend
away, and managed to hook us tickets.
Holy shit, two of my all time favorite bands, (among an uncountable
multitude really), and they were playing the same week, and we were going to
see them both.
In the interests of science, I decided to undertake a seriously controlled
experiment, to see which band was a better show to see on shrooms.
snip-

Peace,
Preston
"This one goes to 11. It's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You
see, most blokes will be playing at ten. -- Where can you go from there?
Where?"
-- Nigel Tufnel, Spinal Tap lead guitarist