[ibogaine] ibogaine and antipsychotic drugs

Jon Freedlander jfreed1 at umbc.edu
Sun Jan 19 13:05:07 EST 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Hattie wrote:

> on 1/13/03 11:09 AM, preston peet at ptpeet at nyc.rr.com wrote:
>

> I am guessing and was wondering basically if there are any contraindications
> with antipsychotic drugs, any physical dangers for him. And also whether
> anyone knows if it would block the psychoactive effects of the ibogaine.

I am not aware of any physical dangers resulting from the combination of
antipsychotics with ibogaine. However, the patient would need to be off
the risperidol for some time prior to the administration of ibogaine for
it to be effective. Antipsychotics will indeed block at least some of
ibogaine's actions.

Jon Freedlander				       userpages.umbc.edu/~jfreed1
Consulting Editor
Journal of Drug Education and Awareness
http://www.novapublishers.com/journals/drugawareness.html
"We are all prisoners of our minds. This realization is the first step
on the journey to freedom."
						-- Ram Dass