[ibogaine] ibogaine question seattle

Jon Freedlander jfreed1 at umbc.edu
Sun Jan 5 12:32:15 EST 2003

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003, preston peet wrote:

> >i wonder if that (it being helpful) might have anything to do with it
> being a partial opiate agonist.<
>
> What do you mean- Salvia kicks in withdrawals if used?

oh no....as joshua (i think) mentioned, i meant opioid agonist, not
opiate.

that is, salvia excites a particular type of opioid receptor in the brain
(kappa receptor). so basically, my thought was that salvia might help with
cravings, since it acts on a part of the brain that both opiates and
ibogaine work on.

but i should say that this is only conjecture....i've got some background
in pharmacology, but i'm no expert...

| League of Surrealist Discord        -               www.lsdrecords.net |
|                  'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds...               |