[ibogaine] ibogaine question seattle

preston peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Sun Jan 5 10:26:59 EST 2003

Re: [ibogaine] ibogaine question seattle>Preston, who is this Peter Hoyle guy, and why do Latimer and Hager have him trashing Ibogaine in the pages of HIGH TIMES? I must confess I missed it, but I would have thought you would have posted any mention of ibo in the magazine to the list.<

I don't know about this, don't know who Hoyle is, haven't seen what you're talking about, I'm innocent...well, ignorant of this anyway. What issue is it in?

>What do you think of Marc Emery's new, Iboga House model of the movement? Pretty neat, huh?<

It's more than pretty neat, it's really, really, very neat. ;p-))))

>Imagine the High Times trustees subsidizing an Ibogaine clinic.<

Ok, I'm imagining it.

>No, kappa is one first effects identified with ibogaine. What kappa does is, acutely, to stop overdose, but then over time, to upregulate the effect of mu, which overwise  would engender tolerance.<

Huh? Are you still talking about Salvia being an agonist of opiates? What's kappa? What's mu? And again I ask, will using Salvia kick in dope withdrawals if someone is using dope? Regardless of whether they've used ibogaine or not?
Peace,
Preston

    >i wonder if that (it being helpful) might have anything to do with it
    being a partial opiate agonist.<

    What do you mean- Salvia kicks in withdrawals if used?
    Peace,
    Preston

  No, kappa is one first effects identified with ibogaine. What kappa does is, acutely, to stop overdose, but then over time, to upregulate the effect of mu, which overwise  would engender tolerance.

  Preston, who is this Peter Hoyle guy, and why do Latimer and Hager have him trashing Ibogaine in the pages of HIGH TIMES? I must confess I missed it, but I would have thought you would have posted any mention of ibo in the magazine to the list.

  What do you think of Marc Emery's new, Iboga House model of the movement? Pretty neat, huh?

  Imagine the High Times trustees subsidizing an Ibogaine clinic.

  Dana/cnw