[ibogaine] What I have found regarding ibogaine & crack cocaine

Patrick K. Kroupa digital at phantom.com
Thu Jan 2 19:29:19 EST 2003

On [Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 06:53:14PM -0800], [MARC] wrote:

| Also, I have this plant extract called Kratom I want to experiment on
| crystal meth addicts (they actually don't want to quit either, its the
| finances) and for bringing methadone users down to lower levels.

What's in "Kratom" tends to vary, but primarily it's mitragynine.  Where I
was at they also toss ayahausca into the mix.  What it appears to do for
speed freaks, is not a fucking thing.  The current generation of kids
around Bangkok are mostly developing problems with methamphetamine "yabba"
which costs 'bout .03 cents for a fix there.  Heroin is that shit the old
people do.

Anywaze, Kratom doesn't appear to do much of anything.  They noticed this
a while back and added "herbal tablets" into the mix they throw at people.
You scrape the layer of herbal crap off the tablet, and what you're
holding is a Rohypnol 2.  For some strange reason when you dose speeding
kids with 4mg of roofies, they calm right now.  Who would think.

The one thing I would suggest is having a lot of Tums around.  Kratom has
a pH roughly similar to battery acid.  Ouch.

If you experience anything even vaguely approaching positive results
using kratom on speed freaks, that'd be interesting.

Patrick