[ibogaine] Indra/Denmark

Andi Stasta andreas.stasta at chello.at
Tue Dec 9 08:21:31 EST 2003

Actually, the restriction of Iboga and IbogaineHCL is Denmark is already
effective since the  03.12.2003.

Following is the English translation from the ELDD(European legal database
on drugs (www.eldd.emcdda.eu.int):

"DENMARK: Ibogain added to list of controlled substances (05/12/2003)

Following a recommendation of The National Board of Health concerning
tabernanthe iboga and ibogain (12-methoxyibogamin), the Danish Minister for
the Interior and Health has decided to add the mentioned plant and substance
to the Danish list of controlled plants and substances.

Consequently, the Minister has signed the Executive Order amending the
Executive Order on Euphoriant Substances which has entered into force on 3
December 2003. Tabernanthe iboga and ibogain (12-methoxyibogamin) may now
only be used for medical or scientific purposes.

The Executive Order is available on the ELDD website."

The ELDD-Site is actually really interesting for it contains all legal texts
about drugs from EU-countries and EU-candidate Countries, and also provide
texts about general drug-policy trends.  They also have a email-newsletter
that keeps you informed about legal changes.

Andi