[ibogaine]Has anyone tried the pre ibogaine treament clinic in ddetroit Re: GMfCL 2003 #48: Montreal Ibo-Clinic OPEN!;

Nik goosebumpz2002 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 14:49:35 EST 2003

 I went and checked it out and  the doc sugeesstedd that i switch to heroin if possible before he starts he has a grant the only one in the us at the time who else has tried it they dont dispenxse ibo tther but they give you lots of other meds and are willing to detox well start giving you  methdone if your using huge anounr s of heroion of scriptss he givess 30mgs maximum then detoxes you 2 mgs a day till your atb 10 mgs then one mg every other day then  when tyyour at 5 mgs they take you across the brder to the other clinic excuse me while at 15 mgs  of met then slowly up your does of ibo and lower it till your at 5 mgs then one medium sesion then 1 mg a day for 5 days and then a whopper dose then redose 4 days later then he gives you  4 doses of ibo that are very small that are to be taken at various apointments

Preston Peet <ptpeet at nyc.rr.com> wrote:>( His son, after a third treatment,
has stayed off heroin for six months. ) <

Great Fucking News indeed Marc, really, I'm am very, very happy for both you
and your son.
Congratulations!!!
Peace,
Preston

Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2003 7:18 PM
Subject: Re: [ibogaine] Re: GMfCL 2003 #48: Montreal Ibo-Clinic OPEN!;

> Bro I think what you said is right, everybody means well but has their
> own agenda and interests and nobody is ever going to unite in some one
> big movement.
>
> I like what everyone does in their own way but I take it all with a grain
> of salt and half a bowl ;-) or I start getting upset and have no need
> for the negative energy until I ask myself why am I getting so overwrought
> by something that doesn't really matter and doesn't have anything to
> do with helping ibogaine.
>
> Dana and Patrick have all these connections with each other besides
ibogaine,
> but you read the archives on google of the list from years ago and they
> have 100 mile long messages calling each other assholes ;-) You read
> the media that people post to this list and it's all great, but do a
> search on agood engine like mapinc and you find stories that nobody who
> is involved ever reprints on here.
>
> Here's a not so positive Marc Emery story where his neghbors are
complaining
> that he has addicts tripping in a apartment building and then sets them
> loose, continued with his plans to start for pay detox clinics and compete
> with Mash. More power bro, the more the merrier :-)
>
> Peace out, smoke out. 'Organized' is just another word for 'follow me
> and give me more credit and power' ;-) Same old. To make sure I say what
> I mean, I am not disprespecting anyone, I think what Marc does is great,
> I think what Dana does is great, I think Patrick is great, I think Mash
> is great, I think Howard is great, I think everyone involved with ibogaine
> is doing the right thing in their own way.
>
> I don't think anyone has a lock on 'being right' or better, or having
> some more pure intention.
>
> Peace out,
> Curtis
>
> http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v03/n1779/a09.html?1746

> Author: Ross Crockford
> Bookmark: http://www.mapinc.org/find?196 (Emery, Marc)
>

> PROBLEM ROOT
>
> A West End addiction clinic test-drives tries an African drug.
>
> Residents of the West End live on top of each other, but they're often
> clueless about their neighbours. Consider the tenants of a particular
> condo tower near Stanley Park. The retirees drifting back from breakfast,
> the Japanese girl heading out for a run-they'd never guess that up in
> one neighbor's apartment this morning, a Seattle dominatrix is trying
> to kick her addiction to heroin by undergoing a treatment rooted in
African
> [...]
> day hallucinogenic trip induced by ibogaine, an extract of Tabernanthe
> iboga, a shrub native to Gabon. In that region's Bwiti religion, it's
> believed that chewing the plant's root enables people to speak with the
> dead. "She's been speaking in tongues, too," says Marc Emery, munching
> on 7-Eleven crudites in the living room. "They don't understand what
> they're seeing. It's after, when they're clean, that they reflect on
> it."
>
> Emery's no doctor. He is, of course, better known as Vancouver's loudest
> pot activist and the owner of a $3-million marijuana seed business.
> Now some of that wealth funds his clandestine Iboga Therapy House, a
> free clinic and the first of its kind in Canada. Over the past year,
> he's dosed 28 hardcore addicts-including his own adopted son-with
ibogaine,
> which reportedly purges all cravings for drugs after its hallucinations
> fog the trauma of withdrawal. "From our perspective, it's going great,
> " says Emery- although nearly all of his "patients" have relapsed into
> drug use after a month or two clean, and he's now getting them in for
> week-long follow-up treatments. ( His son, after a third treatment,
> has stayed off heroin for six months. ) Emery says the ibogaine and
> round-the-clock "facilitators" trained in first aid cost him $2,000 per
> patient. "But all education costs money."
>
> Ibogaine is illegal in the United States, but it isn't in Canada, which
> is why Emery's clinic has recently been cited in publications ranging
> from LA Weekly to the Journal of the American Medical Association. It's
> been applauded by U.S. drugpolicy liberals, who claim it could complement
> Vancouver's new safe injection site by reducing the demand for hard drugs.
>

> But Emery has also enraged addiction doctors in the States who accuse
> him of running a dangerous, uncontrolled experiment: over the past 20
> years, at least three patients at other clinics have died after taking
> ibogaine. ( Emery insists all of his patients have a full medical
beforehand.
> "Even though we're dealing with vulnerable, healthimpacted individuals,
> I never really see any serious health anomalies. It seems very safe
> to me." ) Emery has also angered members of the Vancouver Area Network
> of Drug Users, who say he refuses to treat addicts from the downtown
> east side, and plans to create a "detox resort" like similar ibogaine
> clinics in Panama and the Virgin Islands that charge up to $15,000 per
> treatment. But Emery says he can't waste his money on someone headed
> straight back to a welfare hotel awash in smack. "I need these people
> to have some ability to succeed," he says. "And I've never asked anybody
> for a cent."
>
> The real question, of course, is whether ibogaine really helps the people
> who take it. Kevin, a Coquitlam car salesman, subjected himself to
Emery's