my letter to media and politicians

deartheo at ziplip.com deartheo at ziplip.com
Tue Aug 26 21:52:56 EDT 2003

http://com1.akheva.com/brukind.fthisweeksletter.t31

I am a D/FW resident who was on 263 ml of methadone a day. A 20 year heroin
junkie who goes to a methadone clinic will start at 30 ml. I tried many
treatments but nothing worked. Then, while on-line, I learned of a miracle plant
called iboga, a west African plant whose roots are the only non-opioid that can
take away opioid physical sickness. I was cornered into having to stop going to
the methadone clinic because the majority of jails will not give someone's
prescribed medication if accused of a crime.

I was at the wrong place at the wrong time and was charged with possession of a
joint of marijuana. I will serve up to a year in jail for that and many doctors
have informed me that at my dose level, it would have very likely been fatal.

I cured with one dose of iboga on July 14th 2003, my last dose of methadone was
on July 11th 2003. I cannot believe that this miracle cure is not only being
ignored my American media, but it is actually illegal in the United States.
Iboga is listed as a Schedule 1 (meaning no medical value) which is simply
wrong.

The FDA and NIH continue to fund research into methadone (the most studied
'anti-addictive'[yeah right] medicine in history), while not giving one penny of
support for iboga research. The FDA finally approved studies (done by Debra
Mash) but refuse to help fund the research.

Iboga is not new. Its ability to free junkies from physical opioid addiction has
been known since Howard Lotsof discovered the anti-addictive properties of iboga
over 30 years ago. Many other countries have been using iboga and ibogaine
successfully in human subjects for years. I am more then willing to do any
interviews on this miracle cure.

Thank you for your time.

Jason Bursey
deartheo at ziplip.com