[ibogaine] about Iggy

Randy Hencken randyhencken at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 9 12:07:10 EDT 2003

I saw Iggy and the Stooges at the Coachella Music Festival this past Spring.
  Iggy still rocks like he is a teenager.  It was amazing the amount of
energy he had to run around the stage with. Every other word out of his
mouth was Fuck.  "and the fucking newcomer on the fucking base guitar is
fucking Mike Watts and I'm Fucking Iggy"  When he closed the show he looked
out at the audience, put up his index and pinky fingers and repeated "I am
You, I am You"  Which I took to mean that inside of all of us we yearn to be
a rock star, when the doors and blinds are closed we put on our best
performances, singing into our soda bottles that have assumed the lives of
microphones.  But we don't have to live the life of a Rock Star because Iggy
is doing it for us.

Preston, I read your bit about a butthole surfers show being better than a
Jane's Addiction show, pure blasphemy.

Peace,
Randy