[ibogaine] stanton peele

crownofthorns at hushmail.com crownofthorns at hushmail.com
Thu Aug 7 20:34:08 EDT 2003

Jessica, I like Stanton Peele because I think it's very important that
there are articulate people who show different approaches then all the
12 step junk. But that is the only reason I like him. After reading his
books what I myself get out of it is that I do not think he has ever
been addicted to anything which makes the rest of what he writes maybe
not the most valid information.

Don't get me wrong I don't think having once been addicted is the most
important thing ever, but it does help. Jack Trimpey from Rational Recovery
gives me the same sense as Peele. Someone who is full of themselves and
their main interest is tooting their own horn and selling their self
help books and tapes. Trimpey was a addict.

SMART is not like that. I think it's a better approach for people who
need group support but don't want the self defeating 12 step junk.

I like Patrick's writing too because I relate to so much of it. The main
reason I like the addiction articles is because he doesn't pretend to
offer the right answer to everything, available from him for only $199.95
for 6 audiotapes and a $50 book. He even included a positive 12 step
piece with Dave Hunter in the middle of it because he said he couldn't
write anything positive about the steps but agreed they helped some people
so he got someone else to do it. That is worth a lot of respect.

I've seen nearly nothing of his book except two chapters which I very
much enjoyed. Unless I'm totally offbase he's not writing anything about
recovery or what could be considered self help from drugs. He's writing
Naked Lunch on Acid 2003 ;-) And doing a amazing job of it. Right on
bro! I don't remember who first used that quote last year but saying
Patrick is what would happen if someone pushed William Burroughs into
a pool filled with LSD is exactly it :-) Right on bro, right on. Write
the truth and dump ibogaine right into the mainstream :-)

Please don't get me wrong, I think the 12 steps are a completely self
promoting scam who's main interest is making money for those involved
with selling treatment. I went through treatment so many times it makes
me sick to think how much it cost. I was working in dot com then, I had
insurance, I was not getting help at the homeless shelter I went through
Betty Ford 3 times. I never got better until I got away from all of those
people.

All I mean to say is I don't think Stanton Peele is any better. Stanton
Peele is interested in promoting Stanton Peele.

Peace out,
Curtis

https://www.hushmail.com/services.php?subloc=messenger&l=434